Monday, July 27, 2009

Born on the Bayou



Well, officially I wasn't born on the bayou. But, with Mommy and Daddy born and raised in Louisiana, you knew it had to happen at some point. I would finally take to wrestling alligators. Only in my case, the alligator is a cute stuffed animal that I think is technically supposed to help me learn my colors and counting (he has spots on each section).

We've decided to call the alligator Boudreaux, which sounds like a good Cajun name. And, although Mommy hails from Acadia Parish, she is no longer in charge of naming my animals. Not after the naming debacle of my pet owl. She started calling him Owlie, to go along with the frog on my wall named "Froggie" and the bird on the wall called "Tweetie." Do we see a theme here?
Daddy said that was silly and we should call him Socrates as owls are a symbol of intelligence. How can you argue with that?

If left to her own devices, she probably would have called the alligator "Ally", so Maw Maw suggested Boudreaux. So, say hello to Boudreaux and don't ask about Thibodeaux. But, check out my rolling technique. I may be going mobile really soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment