Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cheeseburger in Paradise


Ah summer. The sun on my face. The wind in my hair (well, what little hair I have) and Jimmy Buffet playing on the radio. I actually attended my first Jimmy Buffet party the other day. Daddy's basketball buddy -- Zach -- turned 25 and celebrated Buffet-style.

Mom dressed me in a Hawaiian shirt and we brought the parrot from my activity mat. It was a blast! Pretty girls cooed over me and I got to sit by the Maragaritaville station and eyed the cheeseburger in paradise stand. Can't wait until I can eat!

This week has been a blast with the warm weather and no afternoon thunderstorms. We went strolling everyday and a couple of days hit the pool. Check me out in my floppy sun hat. I must admit, I'm not a fan of hats. But, this one does a great job of keeping the sun off my cute little face.

Going to the pool is quite an adventure. Mommy has to put three layers of protection on me (swim diaper, plastic pants, and then the actual swim suit). We've been doing the baby pool, but I hit the big pool as well. A little seven year old girl swimming by me said I was a cute little "muggle baby." I didn't have the heart to tell her she was a muggle too (and was probably watching a little too much Harry Potter).

Anyhoo, got to finish packing. We're heading to the beach this weekend where I get to play in a REALLY big pool called the ocean. Not sure what it is, but sounds like a lot of fun. Plus, I get to meet my godmother Alyssa for the first time! This should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment