Well, it sort of was my first time on the road for an extended period. We traveled to Asheville for Memorial weekend to visit Mommy's friend from college. Ms Ellie and her sister were visiting The Grove Park Inn, so we drove up to visit with them.
Mommy and Daddy broke the trip up a bit to make sure I wasn't stuck in the car seat for hours. We went to this HUGE place called Furnitureland South. I think it's where furniture grows, because there were miles upon miles of all sorts of stuff to sit in, eat on, sleep on, etc. We checked out the baby area for a nursery rocker. Mommy wants a cool place for story time and to rock me to sleep.
Unfortunately, it rained quite a bit in Asheville, so we didn't see much there. However, Ms Ellie fed me and held me and gave me this big floppy-eared bunny toy called Jack Rabbit. That's her nick name for me since -- well-- my name is Jack and I was born around Easter! We had a great time visiting.
On the way home we hit the outlet stores in Gaffney (you know I needed more clothes -- yeah right!) and then spent hours in this cool place called IKEA. Mommy and Daddy picked out some cool accessories for my room. I can't wait until I'm a big kid to come back and get more stuff.
Mommy said I was a trooper and hardly cried at all on the long trip. I mean, check out that smile. Do I love road trips, or what!
No comments:
Post a Comment