Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brave New World


I've hit a milestone. This week I'm a month old! Wow, the days have just flown . But, the cool thing about being a month old is you have a lot of examples of "firsts" to share with everyone.

For instance, I had my first run in the swing Daddy put together. Check out my wave to Mommy! I also spent my first night in the crib, rather than the bassinet. And, I had my first tornado warning (I hope we don't get many of those). I huddled in the back of a closet underneath the staircase with Mommy while Daddy and Gumbeaux hung out in a downstairs bathroom. Daddy kept an eye on the radar with his iphone Radar app. Once he gave the all clear, Gumbeaux came running into the closet to make sure we were okay.

I also had my first stroll through Babies R Us. I think I hit newborn nirvana!!! So many things, so little time. Luckily, Mommy's friends at BB&T gave us a gift card with a lot of money on it, so the basket was full and we didn't have to pay a cent :)

I also had my first "real bath." The jury is still out as to how much I enjoy that experience. I still fuss a bit when Mom washes my hair. But, Daddy has the blow dryer handy to keep me warm as they pull me out of the water. Mommy and Daddy like the side effects of my bath. After they get me into my footed sleeper (heh, don't mock me, I'm only a month old), I usually pass out for a good four hours. That's a first as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment