Thursday, September 17, 2009

Food Glorious Food



Ah.. the time has finally come for me to branch out past the fortified DHA/RHA tepid milk water known as formula that I've been slurping down (and sometimes spitting back up) since birth.

Now my sights are set much higher -- Rice Cereal. Yum-oh!!! Just saying the words makes my stomach growl. And, don't get me started as I've begun eyeing the little jars of green and orange goo that Mommy says are peas and carrots. Can't wait to try that!

I will say my first bite of this creamy goodness was quite the production. Mommy locked me into my new booster seat; decked me out in a new waterproof bib (wonder why she thought I would need waterproof); and pulled out the special Ikea frog bowl, cup, and rubber spoon. Daddy was poised to capture every moment on the digital camera and I must admit I learned pretty quick the mechanics of being fed.

I learned things go down easier when Mom holds the sippy cup, rather than when I try to down it all myself. And, I learned if I lift my head and open my mouth, Mommy will automatically re-fill it with another spoonful of food. Is she trained or what?

Although to be honest, I had more fun when Mommy put a dollop of the stuff on the tray and let me play around with the texture and get a bit on my fingers and then rub it all over my face. Food always tastes better when served smeared.








No comments:

Post a Comment